Jupiter Inlet Colony
Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway and The Jupiter Inlet, Jupiter Inlet Colony is Jupiter Island’s best kept secret. This incorporated town of 243 single family residences has it’s own 24 hour police department and beach access for all homes. Jupiter Inlet Colony also offers it’s residents a spectacular lifestyle with amenities such as, secluded and pristine beaches, great fishing and snorkeling, optional Beach Club membership, private marina and yacht club, and close proximity to world class shopping and restaurants.
History of Jupiter Inlet Colony
After WWII, Jack Whitney and two other entrepreneurs bought the southern end of Jupiter Island. In 1958, Mr. Whitney was persuaded by Charlie Martyn to sell him 86 acres for $3000 per acre. Martyn's plan was to build a beautiful village. He paved the roads, arranged for water and electricity, and installed phone lines when houses were build. Among the first to purchase lots, were golfer Toney Penna and singer Perry Como. By 1972 there were 192 homes, occupying 90% of the land area. Today there are 240 homes with 3 vacant lots.